Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kid Goats In The Cold

If you get tired of seeing kid goat pictures, let me know...I'll stop posting them. You cannot see the little grin on my face as you ask, are you kidding?

A few days ago it was gorgeous, nearly 60 degrees, a couple of kid goats running around and sleeping outdoors. Beautiful site to see! Early yesterday morning brought the storms, a lot of kids born, activity like mad, dampness, but all ended up being well. This morning brought the cold air.

I slept better than I have been sleeping, but woke several times wondering how warm the barn actually was. The barn is normally 12-15 degrees warmer than the outside, even with some doors open. I bundled up and went down before daybreak this morning to feed the 2 bottle boys, and was overjoyed to see kids romping around. Most of the kids were yelling at their mothers, FEED ME, and many were playing kid on the hill with the upside down plastic koi pond that a friend provided for play. My lack of sleep didn't help the kids, but none the less, I was glad to see everyone happy and healthy.

Once they finished romping, they slept for about an hour. The monitor went silent. Cozy and warm.


I am on the tired side. Since this is a weekend day I plan to play the day by ear. I will work on a soap project at some point, in-between I will be napping and listening. We are about mid way through the boer kiddings now. Chandra, the first dairy girl to freshen this season, is uddered up fairly well, but still holding onto her ligaments to a degree. I have her parked near the monitor in case she decides to go fast on me.

Have a good Saturday!

7 comments:

Gioia Made Soap said...

Wow.... this is Gioia ( The Maltese Dog)
these photos look good enough to eat :(
I am sorry, but food allergic!hahahha
Take Care
lots of kindest regards,
Georgette and Gioia

Anonymous said...

They are cute Mary, I miss those days but just don't have the time right now for kidding season though with us always on the go it seems like more so these days!

Twisted Fencepost said...

ADORABLE!!!!!

DebH said...

I love em!!! I can just see the scampering and triple twirls as you speak. That makes me smile.

KathyB. said...

Oh what fun you must be having in between chores, naps, and soap making! Tired of pictures of kids? Nah..........

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the new kids, they are very cute!

Mary Humphrey said...

Deb, the walking and hopping backwards that they do had me laughing yesterday. I had forgotten how some can walk so well in reverse but have to learn to walk forwards!