You know me, I'll bend the rules ever so slightly. And I also have an inquiring mind.
Did you know a Dardo was a fancy, 2 seated sports car built 40-something years ago? Yes, that is right. I do not think the car is related to this award, though.
This award is a fun one, one that tells our friends and readers more about ourselves. I love reading these sorts of questionnaires.
The award comes with 12 or so questions. If you receive the award from me, you should replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own, and add a new question of your own.
The questions passed on to me:
1) What are you wearing right now? Levi jeans (my uniform), a gray/black/red trimmed sweatshirt, New Balance (backless tennis shoes, slides?), and a red hoodie.
2) What is your biggest fear? I have a great dislike of snakes and worms, anything that crawls and slithers on the ground.
3) What was your worst subject in school? Social Studies was so boring!
4) Who is the last person you hugged? I'll change this one to, who did you hug last? Tyra my female boxer. She was doing something extremely cute, and made me give her a huge hug! Boxer dogs are constant companions.
5) What websites do you visit when you go online? They are usually business related sites.
6) What was the last item that you bought? I never buy clothes. I love good Levi jeans, about the only thing I spend big money on (for myself). I wear them for years. The more worn, the more I love them. While waiting for the new glasses to be made a few days ago I hopped over to the sales racks. I bought this crazy top that I have now coined as my "painters smock." It is light gray with teal and black markings, almost like someone took a fat paintbrush and painted these big wild flowers. It looks like it has been dipped in black paint along the hem and sleeves. It is not me. I am very conservative! I'll wear the thing with a smile on my face, fun!
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Friends, I love being home. When I was in the corporate mode I lived for vacations. If a vacation started on Friday, for example, we would be in route that Friday, I would leave work early, in the middle of the day, lickity split! Now, I would just rather be on the farm, tucked away. I cannot explain it, it just is what it is for now. If I had to chose a destination, it would be a state in the western part of the United States, somewhere I had never been. Somewhere remote probably.
8) If you woke up tomorrow and were the opposite sex what is the first thing you would do and why? I do not know! I like being a woman. You should see me sitting here and snickering, laughing at myself because I cannot come up with an answer to this one! I keep thinking, where can men go that women cannot? What can they do that we cannot? I am drawing a blank!
9) Has a celebrity's hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle? Yes and no. The Farrah Faucett craze, many moons ago, left a bunch of us youngsters with trying to do the big feathered bangs.
10) What is your most embarrassing moment? Lost a slip while waiting for the walk light to change on a busy city street corner during morning rush hour.
11) What was the last movie you watched? O Brother, Where Art Thou?, one of my favorite movies! I am not a George Clooney fan, but something about that movie, the entire show, just draws me in each time I see it. It never grows old on me.
12) If you had a whole day to yourself with no work, commitments, or interruptions, what would you do? I would try to do nothing at all. Try is the key word...try! Nothing is difficult for me to do because I like activity.
13) If you were to win the Powerball, what would you do with the money (besides invest it)? I would buy some commercial real estate and start up a sister company. I would love to put some people to work, give them good paying jobs. We just lost 8,000 (and soon 9,000) jobs in our area recently. I would also buy a larger farm. The farm would include my goats, but also dairy cows, with a huge dairy barn. This is based on the thought that I could afford help. :)
14) In your opinion, who is the most significant person in history and why? I need a raincheck on this one...I'll be back on it.
15) If you had a choice of places to live, where would it be? I would live somewhere more flexible with milk sales.
Now...I need to pass this award on to a few people...and I'll start with 9!
Kathy Spot On Cedar Pond
Amy I Love Nubians, Make Mine Mini
Jennifer Goats In The Garden
Corrie Lomond Soap
Peggy Hidden Brook Farm
Chris Johnson Family Farm
Bethany Drowsy Waters
Elaine Blog Briallen
Not complaining...it took 3 hours for me to get this posted (last night and this morning). My signal has not been very strong with the satellite these past few days! Dealing with the electronics...I am hoping to catch up on reading and commenting today! :)