Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring is Popping Up



The spring flowers are pushing through the ground. The daffodils always amaze me how they barely appear one day and seem to grow 6" the next.

I have been busy these past few days. In fact, I missed posting on Wednesday. I moved the last of the bottle kids to their new barn suite yesterday (except for one still in special care), and guess what happened? Twins were born early, and the mother had no colostrum. All of this occured within 2 hours. I thought the tiny babies were dead when I found them, but good news, they just needed some nutrition. The buckling's front hooves are no larger than my thumbnail. They are quiet little house guests at the moment.

I hope to make it out to the shop this evening. I am itching to try an idea I have for a new soap. I will share pics as soon as the process starts!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our crocuses have already started blooming here!

KathyB. said...

Oh, congratulations on the new babies and their survival. I am always amazed at the ability of such fragile beings to survive, then thrive, with just a little extra special care.

Have fun with the soap!

Mary Humphrey said...

Thanks!

Amy, wow, mine are just peeking through.

Kathy, the new arrivals are doing well. They are so quiet, but I would imagine they will be up and going very quickly!