Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sunday's Tractor Project-She Is Running!




This past Sunday we visited our good friends. It was a tractor restoration day. This is Bob (our wonderful friend, not my husband Bob) pulling back off of the street, returning to the garage.

This is the newest tractor project. She is a dandy! I love this one!

The guys did not know how soon she would be running, but wouldn't you know she is putting right along already! So far they have adjusted the hydraulics and the carburetor, and Bob has given her new tires. Great progress has been made.

This girl is going to take a lot of work, but I think the more work they need, the more interesting they get!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun and neat!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I need your Bob's to come fix my tractor. My Captain has been at it for months now. Between rain and working, he has little time to work on it. And then there's the matter of finding more things that need replacing. And where do you think the money comes from? We have to save up for it. Sheesh!

Jeannelle said...

Wonderful! I love to see old tractors restored. Does your friend drive them in parades then after they are fixed up? That's popular in the small towns around here during the summer celebrations.

My husband always speaks fondly of the small "Fergeson" tractor they had when he was a kid.

BT said...

Here in Ireland, lots of the locals drive tractors you would have thought might have stopped working years before!! I don't know how they keep them going, but they do!!