Friday, June 12, 2009

Up With The Roosters


Yes, the title and photo says it all. The day came to life very early this morning! I can just hear him crowing, the bossy fellow.


The husband is heading in one direction this morning for business and I am heading to the shop to work on filling orders and rebuilding the lotion stock.


Yesterday I took large boxes full of Annie's Goat Hill Handcrafted Soaps gift sets to the retail location that displays my products. Once I returned to my shop I cut the rosemary shampoo bars from the freshly made loaf, the initial shampoo bars (made here). More on that product in the near future. I will discuss shampoo bars and what rinses can/should be used to maintain the proper hair PH.


The Brown Bag Special will continue through 6/30/09. At that time I am going to archive the sale. It was fun while it lasted! Many of the 3.5 ounce (average) bars are dwindling in number, but there is a nice supply still available for the Brown Bag Special. I absolutely love the newer chunkier bars (average 4.5 ounces)! The Brown Bag special, for those of you new here, includes 5 bars of goat milk soap (the same quality soap as the 4.5 ounce bars) for 15.00, plus a 5.00 flat rate shipping fee (special rate only for shipping within continental U.S.). These are assorted soaps, packaged in a brown bag (no individually boxed soap)...just right to get through the remainder of this slow economy! If you wish to place an order, the instructions and buy here button are located at the bottom of the goat milk soap store page on my website.


By the way...you know how honest I am...no rooster here...but I imagined up a strong image of the colorful proud guy crowing away a bit ago!


Have a fun Friday!!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, when we had roosters, they came from the neighbor's up on the hill, the only other family that lives on our road but these roosters crowed all day long though starting at 10AM though.

KathyB. said...

I heard your rooster from here, well, I heard my roosters and attributed it to your imaginary rooster....that will work, won't it?

Love, love, love your soap!

I will be spinning my wool into yarn today as I sit outside next door at Sis in-laws' garage sale and visit with family and hopefully sell some stuff!I might even sell some yarn!

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

You don't have a rooster Mary? oh I just love waking up to our Early.

Mary Humphrey said...

I have had roosters and chickens on the farm, and I do miss them. I hope to have them again. I agree, Amy, mine crowed at many hours as well.

I love your rooster name, Joanna, Early!

Kathy, I am glad you heard my imaginary rooster. I'll make sure to tell him. His chest will swell with pride.

I hope you did get some selling done!

I received my package today from you. I am going to do a blog post on your wonderful work. The Nativity Sheep are absolutely beautiful. My husband loves them too! And your card, so personal. You made my day, you really did. You put so much thought into everything, it shows.

Boozy Tooth said...

Of course you already know that I need no additional GMS righ now - BUT - the Brown Bag offer is too delicious not to enjoy.

Send me three? I love learning about new soaps that way.

And as usual... I now cannot live without your amazing GMS. Call me a GMS junkie. I don't care.