Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mud




My chosen path in life is to be a farmer. Along with raising livestock comes mud. We go from drought, to fall rains, to frozen ground, and with the thawing during the mild December days comes the MUD. I refuse to wear the rubber boots that I wore throughout last season. I nearly ruined the arches of my feet. Ouch.

On to a much cleaner topic...soap!


Per one special person's request, I incorporated pink grapefruit and tangerine into a batch of soap today. It looks more like swirled vanilla ice cream and orange sherbert. :) The rose colored batch is a Sweet Pea type.



It felt good to work in the soap room today. Even on days when I do not feel compelled to make soap, once I am out there, with the door closed behind me, I realize how blessed I am to be doing what I love to do...and the peace surrounds me from there.

No comments: