Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ahhh...Spring's Promise



Tyra and I spent a few moments outdoors a bit ago. The day promises to be another bright and sunny one, filled with warmth, and the promise that we can enjoy the outdoors again for a while, which renews me inside and out!


We have a number of older lilac bushes here, 5 perhaps. They received some freeze damage this spring, but they still smell wonderful, especially in the early morning cool!


Heading outside with a cup of coffee to enjoy the birds and solitude.


Tyra agrees...she says, "Lets stay out here for a while!"

6 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

My dogs have been enjoying the cool mornings, too.
I can't seem to get outside before it gets hot. Hmmmm....I need to work on that!

Boozy Tooth said...

Sniiiiiiiiiiif!!!

I can smell those lilac bushes all the way down here. My favorite!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it gorgeous outside! I love lilacs, our Korean ( I'm Korean ) lilacs aren't blooming yet. Our flowering trees are gorgeous now and our tulips have started to bloom as well, will be heading to Georgia in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our dog's have been sunbathing lately but it's a little too hot for the Pyrenees though but they have a shady place under our greenhouse that they go into.

Anonymous said...

Our power was out for a while yesterday probably because of the wind though.

rhymeswithplague said...

Oh, lilacs! That explains it. I thought at first they were crape myrtles and it's the wrong time of year for crape myrtles to be blooming.

I can't remember seeing pink lilacs before. Gorgeous!

Mary Humphrey said...

Yes, ma'am Alix. You were the one I was thinking about when I posted the photo. Lilacs!

Robert, we have different colors of lilacs (lavender, pink and a plum color). This is not a good year for them because we suffered through a few freezes. I still enjoy them though!