Sunday, April 12, 2009

All Things Anew, Happy Easter



Each spring a pair of canadian geese return to our pond. We would like to believe they are the same pair, and as those with knowledge have written, they likely are the same pair. They do mate for life and they do return to the same "home" spot year after year.

About 4 evenings ago I noticed momma goose making a next. She is now resting on it.

We have heavy frost this morning and something told me to walk down to the pond with camera in hand. Tyra went with me. She does not bother anything that belongs on our farm. As we gazed at the goose, I realized that she indeed has frost on her back. She has been setting for a very long time, obviously, and is not going to give up. Can you imagine?

In about 18 days we should see the fuzzy yellow goslings emerge. And then we will begin to enjoy the rest of the pond activities as we see the young ones grow and learn. It never ceases to amaze me how geese teach with body language.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Heavy frost this morning on the back lots -

11 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

HAPPY happy Easter my dear friend. Love the dog/duck photo.

I hope your day is rich in blessings and happiness.

He is risen!

Alix

Anonymous said...

Amazing photo. I wish you a very blessed Easter.

JK said...

Happy Easter to you too Mary
Hope you have a blessed day.

A.C.E said...

Happy Easter to you too Mary!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Happy Easter, Mary!
I can't wait to see the babies!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Mary, lovely pictures!

KathyB. said...

What a wonderful dog Tyra is, and I like your view of fields and pond. Frost on the back of the goose and frost on the back fields.....laying ducks and geese almost do become one with their nests, which blend in with the land around them. Looks like your goose has too.

Mary Humphrey said...

Thank you so much. :)

I did have a wonderful day.

We visited with friends, away from the farm for the afternoon. Our dear sweet friends. We always need people around us because we are human. It was refreshing.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I'll be routing for Mama goose. Happy Easter!

Grace said...

Hi Annie, very nice picture. :)
Happy Easter!

I am curious with your goat's milk soap. What good it does to our skin? Are you selling those? (for how much and how to order?)

Mary Humphrey said...

Joanna, we look forward to the goeslings each year. I always say, "We are having more kids!" Later, after they hatch, I realize how much they are in my life. I cannot look out the window without seeing what they are doing, neither can I walk out the door. They are interesting.

Grace, hello there! I posted on your blog this morning. I will be glad to help you further. I sent a link to you for the website, www.anniesgoathill.com . Please email me at anniesgoathill@gmail.com , and we can talk more about the soap. Personally, I have not used any other soap for almost a decade. For brief time periods (a day or two), I have done a "test" and tried other soaps, and always quickly return to mine. There is nothing that compares to a good bar of natural handcrafted soap. Thank you for your enquiry!