Sunday, April 19, 2009

And We Have A Winner




Drum roll...the winner is...Lynnanne!

This was a random drawing, for any commentor that joined in on the survey. I appreciate the short answers, and I appreciate the long answers. I very well could have added a professional looking poll widget to the blog for this contest but I wanted to hear comments, feedback, and I wanted to see the readers. The response was fantastic! It was a success.

Many answers were (and I agree): "goes hand in hand," equal value. I will report back with what I compile, and of course, this is not an exact science, just a close match.

One of the future posts will be a discussion on packaging. I have some ideas, and some that have swung past me as well. Open feedback is excellent, even when you have to take the hammer in hand to make me understand what you are trying to say! Remember, I have about 130 goats on the farm right now (kids and moms). Zombiefied (but waking back up)!

And I have some brand new soaps to show the world. One that I am totally in love with!

10 comments:

Twisted Fencepost said...

Congratulations, Lynnanne!!!

Mary said...

Lynnanne gets to choose her soap, but I have a nice vanilla based bar on my mind! Congratulations and thank you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lynnanne!

KathyB. said...

130 goats! WOW! And you still have time to make soap, blog, and sleep?

Mary Humphrey said...

Kathy, yes, the numbers are way up there right now. We had just right at 70 kids. I keep approximately 30 boer goats and 30 dairy goats. And to answer a few questions (to you and a few other friends), no vacations at all (and I do not miss them at this point), and right now we tend to the necessities and work in anything extra if time allows. Once the herd thins down (after the kids are 2-3 months old), life returns to a much easier state.

Arnita said...

Congrats Lynnanne!

Lynnanne said...

Hey thanks -- and what a surprise to check the blog today and find I had won! I can't wait to try a bar! Vanilla sounds good to me. :)

130 goats? wow! How many hours do you dedicate to milking? And here's another question that may have been covered along the way and I've missed... but do you pasturize the does' milk to bottle feed the kids? Or do you allow the kids to stay with the moms?
I've only had gelded Toggs before and a small group (4) of Nubians that were absolutely wild (they didn't get to stay around too long). So I really know next to nothing about goats. :)

Lynnanne said...

and make that "pasteurize" !! oops. :)

Mary Humphrey said...

The connection is poor today, hit and miss, and slow as cold molasses! So...I will be back with more talk on goats and other fun stuff. Good questions!

Lynnanne, you need to email me to the address at the top of the blog (inbedded in the logo pic). I can get your contact information from you via email!

Hoping this comment takes...took 1/2 hour to post today's pics!

Jennifer said...

Congrats Lynnanne!