Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Plain White Goat Milk Soap


Do you see the three batches of plain white goat milk soap?

I do not see them either. Today has been a "goofy" day, as I like to call it at times. That means it is a good day, very beautiful outside, and I feel extremely content, but something just happens at each turn of the corner. I do not believe it is because it is April Fool's Day...but then...perhaps it is just the thought of it being that particular day, a day full of surprises.

I had decided that Annie's Goat Hill Handcrafted Soaps was going to step off of the colored soap path, but today as I closed the shop door behind me, and as I sorted through the bottles of essential oils and fragrance, the color wheel started turning in my head again. It looks as if color, occasionally, is to stay. If you want a non-colored soap, I will have them in stock, if you want color, I will have those in stock as well!

Today's soaps, left to right, are lilac, plumeria, and lavender. The color will be mainly on one end of the bar, and I am hoping for a lovely light swirl of color surprise when I cut the bars tomorrow.

7 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

Plain soap is gorgeous. Colored swirly soap is gorgeous. Solid color soap is gorgeous. I'm sure anything you think of to do with goat milk soap will be gorgeous.

Hell. YOU'RE gorgeous.

No foolin'.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

The swirls look pretty. Can't wait to see a slice.

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely day here too and it's lovely soap!

KathyB. said...

We had snow this morning, I guess nature likes to get in on an April Fool's day prank once in a while....and then of course, the rest of the day has been very cold rain.....the soap is pretty. I still think it looks good enough to eat!

Gioia Made Soap said...

Well this looks so lovely, looking forward to the next step:
the cutting :))

Jeannelle said...

This is amazing to see. You can really get creative with the soapmaking. Cool!

Unknown said...

I'm a color girl. I love working with colors, so would be hard for me to make plain white soap with all of those awesome colors to choose from.