Thursday, April 9, 2009

Goat Kids Mountain Climbing



I have a few escape artists on the prowl. They love to climb.


I was bottle feeding some of the kids and did not think anything about the door to the feed and milk room being open. Actually, my thought was that they can do no harm because they would not be able to climb 4 bales high. What was I thinking? I knew better. I did not start raising goats yesterday. Tee hee.

I heard a crash and 5 young goats came running out. I still did not get excited.

After finishing the bottles, I gathered up my bottle bucket and my sitting stool and headed to the feed room. Oh oh. What a mess I found! I had left a 1/3 of a bale (untied) on top of the bales of hay. It had been knocked to the floor. Oh yeah, you betcha', it was pretty well scattered. Another bale, still tied, was pushed to the ground. And there were young goats hopping everywhere. Yes, that is hay stacked 4 bales deep.

And, like a comedy act, when they realized they were going to have to leave, they jumped, 4 bales down, straight out the door. How do they do it? :)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny, some of our adult doe's do the same thing!

Arnita said...

That's funny! Sounds like the "kids" I watch. Caught one in the basement the other day. LOL

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

One reason I love goats is because they love to jump around on things. Fun to watch.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Gotta love them "kids".
Frustrating trying to catch, but fun at the same time, right?

Jennifer said...

Isn't it funny how such small creatures can get into so much trouble?

Anonymous said...

How funny and what sweet pictures.